Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

running dhcp on CUCM PUB and SUB

hi Guys,

just wanted to find out if I can run DHCP on both pub and sub for same subnet without split scope of ip addresses?  as far as my research goes, it is not talked about anywhere (only spit scope docs are available).  if I enabled pub and sub for a subnet with same start and end IP add range , would there be an issue? would sub know that pub has already assigned an ip x.x.x.x to an end device and avoid assigning it to another device requesting dhcp?

also as far as I understand there is no redundancy mechanism for dhcp.  if we specify 2 dhcp severs using ip-helper address, the dhcp request goes to both servers and the device takes the ip add of the dhcp server who responds faster.

thank you.

vijay

2 Replies 2

mhnedirli
Level 1
Level 1

hi, 

you can not change any configuration on the subscriber, it is not designed for configuration, you can only make changes on the publisher and changes synchronized to subscribers. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DHCP info is not shared, they work as independent DHCP servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: