Views
Helpful
Replies

Russia dial plan for CUCM 8.x

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a CUCM cluster in the UK and need to add a site in Moscow, Russia to it. A Cisco 2901 ISR with E1 will be deployed at the Moscow site.

I am trying to plan what Route Patterns etc. that I need to configure but am struggling to find good information.

Wikipedia has some useful info at the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Russia

However it does not seem to be completely up to date.

The wiki article states-

The telecommunications infrastructure in Russia is being reformed and modernized; this project is expected to be finished in 2012. Prior to completion, all cities and settlements in the Russian Federation will have a modern landline-telephone infrastructure. Use of "0" and "00" as the long-distance call and international call prefixes will become standard (this was scheduled for 2008, but authorities are first introducing the soon-to-be-universal emergency "112" number and canceling special numbers starting with "0"). Domestic regulators plan to have this scheme in place by early 2012. Their intent is to increase the number of regions connected to 112 year by year: two in 2007, six in 2008, 24 in 2009, 44 in 2010, etc. These changes are aimed at bringing local regulations into compliance with ITU and EU recommendations.

Does anyone know if these changes are now complete?

If yes then I guess the services listed below are now invalid as they would overlap

01     Fire service

02     Police

03     Ambulance

04     Gas service

07     Directory assistance, Rostelecom

09     Directory assistance (free, limited info)

009     Directory assistance (pay service, 35 rubles/min.) in Moscow

If the changes have not been made then I guess I need to program 8 as the trunk access code?

Also is there a convention for an off-net access code to dial an outside line in Russia - e.g. in the UK we use 9 and in most of mainland Europe 0 is used.

Thanks

James

2 Replies 2

hello James,

I was wondering if you could share your route patterns for Moscow, I need to spin up a site in Moscow and I'm not familiar with the dial plan at all

thanks

Cristobal

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

when you connect to pstn provider you need to ask provider what should be calling and called numbers. I think in Moskow several different pstn providers