Views
Helpful
Replies

Safe Harbour CUCM

Pieter de jong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a Safe Harbour documentation on CUCM like there is on 6500's? I will be implementing 8.6 but would like to install a "rubber stamped" version instead of the latest release and then finding out 3 months down the line that version is deferred.

Cheers

Pieter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I looked briefly at 8.6 releases recently and the release cycle looked like this:

8.6(1) released 6/9/2011 - DEFERRED

8.6(1a) released 6/23/2011

8.6(2) released 9/15/2011 - DEFERRED

8.6(2a) released 10/27/2011

Genreally speaking, CUCM releases that warrant a DEFERRAL seem to get pulled within a few weeks of the initial release.  Granted, there are bugs and issues with any software release so there are no guarantees.  Personally, I like to look for a software release that has been out for at least 90 days without a continuous cycle of subsequent ES and/or SU releases.  Of course, you'll still want to review the release notes for open caveat information and how it may impact your environment but 8.6(2a) has been out since October until SU1 was released earlier this month.  Based on that, 8.6(2a)SU1 may be a good starting place as it would be the latest service release for a release that has some shelf life.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Cisco CUCM product team do not release Safe Harbour releases. There is no concept of Safe Harbour in CUCM product line up.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi.

Infact following are the list of safe Harbor product and Images for them.

http://safeharbor.cisco.com/

Regards

Ronak Patel

I looked briefly at 8.6 releases recently and the release cycle looked like this:

8.6(1) released 6/9/2011 - DEFERRED

8.6(1a) released 6/23/2011

8.6(2) released 9/15/2011 - DEFERRED

8.6(2a) released 10/27/2011

Genreally speaking, CUCM releases that warrant a DEFERRAL seem to get pulled within a few weeks of the initial release.  Granted, there are bugs and issues with any software release so there are no guarantees.  Personally, I like to look for a software release that has been out for at least 90 days without a continuous cycle of subsequent ES and/or SU releases.  Of course, you'll still want to review the release notes for open caveat information and how it may impact your environment but 8.6(2a) has been out since October until SU1 was released earlier this month.  Based on that, 8.6(2a)SU1 may be a good starting place as it would be the latest service release for a release that has some shelf life.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi Ronak

Is that an internal link..? I don't seem to be able to reach it..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

You can access external link here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns504/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: