Views
Helpful
Replies

Same DN in Different Clusters

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 CallManagers in different cluster, connected through inter-cluster trunk. I have a manager that need the same DN at each site to ring at the same time, so in case he was at any site, he can answer his calls.

Any ideas

Please advise.

8 Replies 8

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mustapha,

we have recently moved some sites to a new cluster and until a DN exists in first cluster the inter-cluster trunk is not used.

After we delete on the old cluster a DN that is migrated to the other cluster the old cluster can reach again the migrated DN.

there may be some workaround using some form of call coverage but the same DN cannot be shared by the two clusters

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Sure, we can't share two DN by two cluster, and i couldn't find a workaround for this. do you got any ideas.

Thanks,

Well, if you have CUCM 7.0, you can use Simultaneous Ring (which is a feature Broadsoft has had for 3-4 years).

Hi

Please, could you explain more about this feature, is it the same as shared line.

Regards,

No, although it looks similiar. Shared Line requires that one Call Controller (i.e. PBX) hosts both instances of the line. Simultaneous Ring allows the PBX to initiate ringing on two seperate DN's (whether they be local extensions, extensions attached to a different PBX, or PSTN numbers) and then connects the call with whichever DN answers first. The other call is simply dropped before it is answered.

Very interesting feature! so this is only for new CUCM 7.0, i shell check it.

Thanks for the post.

As i have CM 4.3, any workaround?

I think the best option is the one already suggested; keep both of this user's phones on the same cluster. Better to have this user come back to the main site for services they to try and rig up some coconut and bamboo contraption that will be a significant drain on support.