Helpful
Replies

Same speeddials are different on 7960 and 7961

chrisluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with speeddials on our phones with CUCM 6.1.2

If a users configures speeddials in his Profile they show up different on a 7960 and a 7961.

On the 7961 they show up correct: 1 Line and 5 Speeddials.

On a 7960 they have 1 Line, one blank button and 4 Speeddials.

Does anyone know what can cause this wrong behaviour ?

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have identical phone button templates for the phones?

I believe that the default for both 7960 and 7961 is two lines and four speed dials.

It could be that the 7961 is set to use a custom phone button template with one line and five speed dials.

Conffigure something similar for the 7960 and the phones should work identically.

but what happens if i assign a 7960 phone button template to a user and he logs in into a 7961?

Does the System recognizes that the user logs into a phone wich the profile is not onfigured for?

For speed dials you will be fine logging into a 7960 with a 7961 profile and vice versa.

If your user had features that are only supported on a 7961 phone - for example configuring a button to login/logout of hunt groups - that would just appear as a space on the 7960.

You need to configure a default device profile for every model you expect to use, otherwise it will use a std config which is 2 lines for that model. There really is nothing wrong there, it's that you're missing configuration.

If you configure a 7961 default device profile with X lines and Y speed dials (OR services, or whatever else) then it will try to accommodate the original config of the UDP based on capabilities and template from the phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate