cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scaling beyond 51 audio sources for MoH

Daryl Chan
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help and some ideas on how to scale beyond 51 audio sources for MoH.   I have 80+ remote sites that currently have local PRI gateways (H323).  Each site have a unique audio source for their MoH.  The MoH is configured using multicast on SRST on the local router.  The UCM cluster is centralized at the datacenter.   I have installed 2 SIP Trunking gateways at the datacenter and will migrate these sites from PRI to SIP Trunking. 

With the gateways centralized, I won't be able to use multicast MoH and will have to switch to unicast MoH.  The problem is how do I get past the 51 audio sources limitation to support 80+ sites while preserving MoH for each site. 

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I dont see how you can, you will be limited by the CUCM limitation, sorry :-(

Chris

I was thinking of the same thing.   I have my Cisco SE working this for the past 6 months.  So maybe I'm SOL.  

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Daryl

Yeah, replace the source with more generic MOH, it will be easier to administer :-)

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Hi

So you're not using remote PRIs, but do you really need to scrap the routers? They can just be left in place multicasting as they are now right? Especially if these are WAN routers as well.. or perhaps you could run the music from the WAN routers you have left?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The routers are staying since it is use to terminate the T1s.   Essentially I am consolidating the PRIs from the remote site to our datacenter using SIP Trunking.   Decoupling the DIDs from the PRI allows me to reroute the calls to another site if the PRI or WAN circuit is down.  If the PRI goes down, it will take down the DIDs with it.  

All the remote sites have their own music.  The content of the music is an infomercial specific to each site.  So multicasting the music to the CUBE in the datacenter will not work.   Since the CUBE handles call for multiple sites. 

Thanks

Daryl

Hi

That's what I'm saying... unless I misread your situation:

- You currently have rouers on remote sites multicasting music locally.

- You plan to implement centralised SIP trunks and deliver calls centrally

- You say the routers are staying where they are, so let them continue to multicast music on hold as they do now.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I think that will stream the correct music to the phones at each of the sites, but PSTN callers will not hear the correct music. 

Thanks

Daryl

Doh!

Need more sleep :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: