Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Inspection Issues

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

This may be more of a firewall issue but thought I would start here since it involves phones. Scenario is a 2900 running CME 9.0.  ASA running 8.4(4)1. is in between phones and CME.  7962 phones handle SCCP inspection better than older phones.  The symptom is that if you try to make another call immediately after hanging up on the 7940 phones you get a 1 to 3 second delay before dial tone comes in.  7962s don't have this issue.  Does anyone know of a way to work around this to get the older phones to play nice?

Thanks in advance!  all replies rated.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, but in a good design you shoulw not have a firewall between phones and CME. That is because it could cause any kind of trouble, just as you have experienced.

I agree but customer limitations dictated the design.

So the customer will have to suffer the consequences of adopting a poor design.

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Angel-Moon,

Not to mention that with newer code firmware releases the sccp version changes and you might have to upgrade the firmware on your asa as well for it to decode the sccp version else it might discard them.

So as Paolo pointed not a good design.. its better to remedy a bad design at the beginning else, retrofitting a bad design might be very painful to you as well the customer.

Regards

Niket

All,

I know it is a bad design but the customer dictated this design for several reasons so I am stuck with it.  I guess that Cisco probably could have addressed this with the older phone but since they are EoL they would prefer that new phones were purchased.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: