Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP phones with SCCP v20 support

andreasalas8282
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my customer is asking to enable early offer on outbound calls over SIP Trunk - CUCM 8.6.

I see in System Guide it's only possible (without MTP) on phones which support getPort Skinny method, which is available from v20 of SCCP protocol.

I cannot find which phone models do support getPort, and which do not (69xx, 79xx, since 89-99 are SIP).

Thanks very much,

Andrea

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM 8.5 and above supports early offer with or without MTP. In CUCM 8.5 and above you can use the option to "insert MTP if needed" on the sip trunk. This way MTP will only be used when needed. This is the recommended approach. There is even a better approach if you are using CUBE. You can use delayed offer from cucm and have CUBE send an early offer to your ITSP. This way you dont have to worry about MTP.

Here is the link to the SRND guide that explains this..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/media.html#wp1055839

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

HI aokanlawon,

thanks for your answer.

The problem is that customer does not want to use MTP resources, so he is asking which phone models allow CUCM to do early offer without use of MTP, that is, which models support SCCP v20.

Andrea

If you have CUBE then do what I suggest as follow: With this you will avoid using MTP

CUCM------delayed offer--------->CUBE------early offer---------->ITSP.

This way you still send early offer but this time it will be on cube. CUCM is capable of supporting this

If you dont have CUBE then the only way you can determine the SCCP phone version that I know of is to use CCME.

Register the phone to a ccme router or to srst router. Once the phone is registered, type the ff command

"show ephone" 

You will see an output like this...and you can see the SCCP version the phone is running

ephone-1 Mac:XXXX.XXXX.XXXX TCP socket:[1] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 17 and Server in ver 5

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

It looks like formware release 9.2.1S has it. You can confirm from the test I described above

Thanks very much. When I can, I'll try it on a CUCME.

Actually, I was hoping for an official Cisco document, which says which phone model supports this feature or not (and from which firmware version). I think Cisco should clearly point out this, without leaving it to user tests.

Andrea

Here is the documentation that says sccp v20 supports this..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/delta/delta.html#wp1849900

Yes,

I saw documentation, wrote it in first post

But information I need is which phone models and firmware version get sccp v20. For example, has 7940/60 phone sccp v20? For which firmware version? And what about 6941, and other models?

I cannot register them all to a CUCME. Hope it’s more clear now.

Thanks for your support.

Andrea

I have looked and cant find that information. But firmware version 9.2.1 shows sccp v20 after registering to ccme.

Hi

Long back I checked, Firmware version 9.2.2.x will have SCCP v 20 or more.

I believe except 7937 phone, this is supported in Initial phone models like 7941/61, 7970/71 and 7911, Later models like 7942/62, 7945/65 and 7975 and  6921/41/61

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.