Views
Helpful
Replies

sccp to sip in uc500

motasemkhater
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am trying to make a sip call from uc500 to ASTRIK which iam connected to it throw site to site vpn.

i was doing somthing stupied by trying to dial from my 7940 phone without change it to sip ..i have tried alot of cisco guides to convert 7940 to sip but nothing worked out may be its the UC500.. attached is my running config ..

in my phone when i check status from Network configuration i have VERSION 8.0(5.0)

i follow this link http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cmeadm/cmeinstl.htm#wp1070512

and do every step to change SCCP to SIP

but nothing work out... i dont know if i need to downgrade from SCCP 8.x to 5.x then upgrade to sip 4.x ... and is the firmware in call manager same as call manager express or uc500

29 Replies 29

Hi, asterisk is calling 192.168.0.121 but there is no such address configured in CME. Configure asterisk to so that call is sent to a valid address configured in CME.

Also do you have NAT between asterisk and CME ? NAT is always cause of big problems in voip.

sit , the fastethernet have 192.168.0.121 and it's an ip from lan ... i want to remmber you that there is site sto site vpn between 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.253.x,,, so we can ping it ...

about nat in uc500 ther is nat inside in VLAN 1, Vlan 100 ...and NAT outside on fastethernet ...so every thing want to get out go NATED through 192.168.0.121(FA) and go to 192.168.0.1 .. which can access 192.168.253.0 be site to site vpn

Is there problem with this nat?

I dont think they have to open ports to voice and data vlan in cme

Hi, your FA0/0 uses DHCP so you cannot be sure that if gets 192.168.0.121. You need to use static addresses for SIP trunking, or registration.

About NAT, as long packets are NOT natted when going in the VPN, all is fine.

yes i did it ,,,,and all still same here the sh run

iam realy sorry for disturbing you but can you contact me on MSN messenger xmatrex83@hotmail.com... i know its strange but can we did it

Sorry, that is not possible. I answer questions freely on the forum only, all other forms of communication are reserved to my customers.

so what can we do know .. ish there any debug or anything you want to check??

and here is some debug from astersik sip..

Hi, send output of "show protocols" to prove that 192.168.0.121 is a valid address on the UC520.

JDStest#sh protocols

Global values:

Internet Protocol routing is enabled

FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 192.168.0.121/24

Integrated-Service-Engine0/0 is up, line protocol is up

Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback0 (10.1.10.2)

FastEthernet0/1/0 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/1 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/2 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/3 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/4 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/5 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/6 is up, line protocol is down

FastEthernet0/1/7 is up, line protocol is up

FastEthernet0/1/8 is up, line protocol is down

Vlan1 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 192.168.10.1/24

Vlan100 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 10.1.1.1/24

NVI0 is up, line protocol is up

Interface is unnumbered. Using address of NVI0 (0.0.0.0)

Loopback0 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 10.1.10.2/30

JDStest#

OK, the debug now still show the same "invalid host" ?

IT's OFFICIAL NOW .. I LOVE Cisco and HATE the OTHERS......

so yesterday night i get a call from my customer and Asterisk cann call UC500..

the thing they changed ,, they restart there SIP server !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so this is steps to connect SIP server with UC500

1- Listen to p.bevilacqua (cause he told me its there problem from reply 3 )

2- Always Ask the Others to RESTART there Equibment..

and every thing will work...

sorry p.bevilacqua.. i think its the longest conversation in Forum ;)..

any way there is a last issue if you can help , that we CAN'T call from UC500 to Asterisk ,,do you have any suggestion please .

Hi, do not worry, it happens often that it takes a long time to fix problems and then is not even cisco problem.

Now for when uc500 calls asterisk, is the debug message still the same as before - "404 not found" ?

yes it same 404 error

There is nothing you can do about on the UC500.

You are calling 618 correctly but asterisk replies that it doesn't know this number.

It's up to them to fix the problem. Unfortunately often people using "free" solutions don't really know how to do things.

ok thanks again SIR,

But iam 618 and trying to call 277 .. you know that right ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: