Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP11.9-3-1SR2-1S firmware and Data Vlan problem on 7911 phones

Hi

We have updated the firmware of 7911 phones to SCCP11.9-3-1SR2-1S. The case is after update the phones, many user connected to Juniper with LDP switchs have lost the conection on their PC. I mean te phone works but the PC connected to the phone not but it has link.

We have downgrade the phone to previus version (SCCP11.9-0-2SR1S) and their are working now.

I haven't found any bug in this firmware but may be anyone knows what could be the problem.

Mean while we are going to make test with SCCP11.9-3-1SR1-1S version

Thank you.

Best Regards

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Are you facing same issue with other phone models when upgrading the firmware ?

Thanks

Vigeesh

Hi,

what is your CCM version ?

HTH

Anas

please rate all helpful posts

Hi Martin,

I was trying to look into bugs related to this phone firmware but did not find any.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_3_1SR2/release_notes/P790_BK_R345967C_00_rn-9_3_1sr2-7900-series.html

Do u have cisco switch just to troubleshoot?

regds,

aman

Thank you for the answers.

We just have had this problem with 7911. We have other models as 7962, 7965, etc with SR2 but they work well.

We had 2500 7911 phones already updated in differents branchs, but only arround 50 of them started to fail. They are connected to a Juniper Switch, this is the only difference with the others.

Were are performaning some test with SR1 and its looks work fine.

Unfortunally the SR1 has the same issue.

Is very strange. The users with the problem are  connected to a Juniper x3200. This switch is a distribution switch.  There is a Cisco 2960 as access swtich connected to the Juniper. The  users in the cisco switch work well.

Also, we have others users connected to others x3200  and work fine. The only difference is these Juniper Switches work as  Access swiches and the swiches with the problem work as distribution  switches conected by fiber to the core and with a Cisco 2960 Access  switch conected to them.

Anyone knows which is the most  lower firmware we can use for 7911 phones to work in CUCM 9.1 version?  becaue all of this is in order  to upgrade the CUCM to 7.1 to 9.1 and  9.1 have 9.3.1SR1 firmware.

Thank you.

Yes, we have used that firmware.

No, SR1 has the problem as well.

We though could be a problem with the lldp-med of the Juniper and the CDP of the Cisco. But we can not configure lldp-med in Cisco because i has a Lite image. 

Hi Waldo,

Suggest opening case with Juniper.

regds,

aman