Replies

Schedule Collection in RTMT 6.x

steven_chan
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to schedule collection of logs either

1) save it in local directory of device running RTMT

2) export it to SFTP server

It seems to me option (1) is not possible. I wonder if schedule collection and send logs to SFTP/FTP server.

I want to know if the "Generate syslog" action is actually (1) here. But I wonder if it is used to write syslog of the SFTP/FTP transactions

For option (2), I tried COre SFTP and OpenSSH SFTP server. Both says ok when I do the "testing connections". But I don't see any connections even from sniffer on the SFTP server at the scheduled time to collect log. I see from sniffer there are connections when I do "testing connections". The job status is always in pending state not running state (may be refresh rate of RTMT just can't catch up with the running state, I don't know...)

CUCM 6.1.4-1000-10

TIA and I will rate :)

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You can use the Schedule Collection option of the trace and log central feature to schedule up to six concurrent trace collections and to download the trace files to a SFTP or FTP server on your network, run another saved query, or generate a syslog file. To change a scheduled collection after you have entered it in the system, you must delete the scheduled collection and add a new collection event.