Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Search for recently dialed numbers

We've had call manager (ver 7.1.3.3) now for 2 months and since the migration I have had folks accidently dialing 911 on a daily basis.  Rather than stay on the line and explain they dialed 911 by mistake, my  folks are hanging up.  I can search the cdr database and find the offenders, but unfortunately the cdr database is a day behind so I can not search for calls made during the current day.

How can I find who just dialed a number within the past few minutes?

• IP Telephony
4 REPLIES

Re: Search for recently dialed numbers

Phillip,

Good question.  There are two methods available to you (well, two that I can think of):

1. Setup a "billing" server to receive the CDR feed from your cluster.  The files will be text files that are sent every X minutes.  Where X is configured in the Enterprise Parameters (CDR Polling Interval, I think that is the param).  These will be text files and you would need to parse them.  There are data dictionaries available on CCO.

2. You can run a query directly on the console of the server.  It won't be exactly "real time" but it will be close.  I believe the Enterprise Parameter for CDR polling comes into play here as well.  Anyway, the command:

admin: run sql select datetimeorigination,callingpartynumber,originalcalledpartynumber from car:tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber = '911' order by datetimeorigination

Now, the datetimeorigination will be in Unix or Epoch time, so you may need to take an extra step to line up the date/time.  You can use a site like this one: http://www.epochconverter.com/

You can get the epoch time for the range you are interested in and then add the date/time parameters to the where clause of your query.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bill,

I tried your second suggestion and I get the same results as a CDR search through UCM CDR and Reporting web page (but a lot less data and much cleaner).  For some reason the tbl_billing_data table is not populated with cdr data until one day later.  Any idea where I may find the CDR polling interval setting?

I made sure the scheduler is set to continuous 24x7.

Thank you

You should be able to get CDR information almost realtime. If you are getting CDR records one day behind is becaue your CAR scheduler is setup only to run during a specific window late at night, however if you configure 24x7 loading you should be getting records just a minutes after a call is made.

Check the scheduler setting inside CAR utility to make sure is 24x7

I thought I'd be able to do real time search too since I believe I have 24x7 loading enabled.  (see screenshot) But the cdr records are a day behind.

Is there another place I should look to enable continous load?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.