Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Second phone call to Line 1 not alerting

We've had a few users report that when they are on the phone, and someone additional calls them, the phone doesn't ring at all.  Instead, it just seems like it's ringing until the RNA timeout hits, and then rolls to UCXN.  I've seen this happen on single-line configured phones, as well as phones configured with more than one extension.  The incoming call will display on the screen, but there will be no flashing light or audible indicator of the incoming call.  If they are not on the phone, it rings and flashes as expected.

Do Not Disturb is not enables.  CUCM version is 8.6.2, and we're primarily using 7942's for endpoints.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pat,

Check the

2 REPLIES

Pat,

Check the

Bronze

Thanks much.  I correlated that, which was set to Beep Once, and another issue, contributing to the weird issue reports.  The sales team started using a tool that keeps an active phone connection (thus making Line 1 always active), and they were having unreported issues with the EHS cables connecting the headsets tot he phone.  So the "beep" was playing to a powered-off headset.  I'm going to change the system default to Ring Once, and call it done.

Views
Helpful
Replies