cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary dial tone...Is this a bug in CCM 6.1.2 ?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have observed something very weird in a new install of CCM 6.1.2 that I did for a customer.

When a user dials 9, they hear the secondary dial tone, however the tone is exactly the same as the inside dial tone which they hear when their phones go off hook.

I have not seen this in rpevious version of call manager, the secondary dial tone is distict and dfiferent from the inside dial tone..I even tested this on a CCM 6.1.1

So is this a bug?

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Deji,

I have not seen you here forever, I hope that life is treating you well! Try this setting;

Service>Service ParametersConfiguration>Clusterwide Parameters (System - General)>Always Use Dial Tone Setting***Inside/Outside

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

satishy_2
Level 1
Level 1

No it's not the bug. It's one of the service parameter in call manager. One of my customer had secondary dial tone for outside calls and he requested to change the outside dialtone as the internal one.

Thanks.

Do you know the specific service parameter?

Hi Deji,

I have not seen you here forever, I hope that life is treating you well! Try this setting;

Service>Service ParametersConfiguration>Clusterwide Parameters (System - General)>Always Use Dial Tone Setting***Inside/Outside

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Life has been treating me well. I dropped an email for you a while ago to ocngratulate you on your "star". I however got an automated email saying you were away. I hope you got the email. It was kind of special for you!

Thank you as always

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: