Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VIP Super Bronze

Secondary dial tone...Is this a bug in CCM 6.1.2 ?

Hi,

I have observed something very weird in a new install of CCM 6.1.2 that I did for a customer.

When a user dials 9, they hear the secondary dial tone, however the tone is exactly the same as the inside dial tone which they hear when their phones go off hook.

I have not seen this in rpevious version of call manager, the secondary dial tone is distict and dfiferent from the inside dial tone..I even tested this on a CCM 6.1.1

So is this a bug?

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Secondary dial tone...Is this a bug in CCM 6.1.2 ?

Hi Deji,

I have not seen you here forever, I hope that life is treating you well! Try this setting;

Service>Service ParametersConfiguration>Clusterwide Parameters (System - General)>Always Use Dial Tone Setting***Inside/Outside

Hope this helps!

Rob

4 REPLIES
Community Member

No it's not the bug. It's one of the service parameter in call manager. One of my customer had secondary dial tone for outside calls and he requested to change the outside dialtone as the internal one.

VIP Super Bronze

Thanks.

Do you know the specific service parameter?

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Deji,

I have not seen you here forever, I hope that life is treating you well! Try this setting;

Service>Service ParametersConfiguration>Clusterwide Parameters (System - General)>Always Use Dial Tone Setting***Inside/Outside

Hope this helps!

Rob

VIP Super Bronze

Rob,

Life has been treating me well. I dropped an email for you a while ago to ocngratulate you on your "star". I however got an automated email saying you were away. I hope you got the email. It was kind of special for you!

Thank you as always

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content