Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary dial tone not playing after presing 9 on CUCM8.6

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

On a CUCM 8.6, the secondary dial tone is not playing adfter pressing 9 for outside calls. For example, if the caller wants to call number 7879999999, the caller press 9, then 7 and that is when the secondary dial tone start playing. I checked all Route patterns and Translation patterns and there is none that starts with 9. Also VM ports, directory numbers are not in conflict with 9. Where else should I verify config?

Thanks in advanced!

30 Replies 30

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

Remove "." from your route pattern , im pretty sure it will work

If you are stripping strip using XXXX in called party mask

Message was edited by: aman .

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

Aman, i removed the "." from patterns starting with 9, configured the called party mask and calls go through but same result form secondary dial tone right after the diogit after 9.

Hi Nephtali,

I actually checked in my CUCM it works after removing "." for me.

I made a new route pattern and tried . it was coming after a digit after 9. when i removed "." it worked.

may be you can use my case as an understanding that it works .

What happens if you make a new Route pattern like 6XXXX as before.

I think as explained by chris it must be matching something else as many patterns are starting with 9.

tbytheway
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced the same issue a while back on UCM 7.1.3.  I spent days trying to fix the issue with upper management breathing down my neck.  Out of desparation I restarted Call Manager and it resolved the issue.  I have no idea why it started and that shouldn't have resolved it if it were a misconfiguration.  Just throwing that out there.

Terry

. has no bearing on secondary dial tone, you must have some routes or extensions that create overlap. 

Chris

I deleted all Route Patterns. Performed a test call and after pressing 9 i got busy tone as it should. So that confirms that there is no other string starting with 9. I re-created a Route Pattern starting with 9. and secondary dial tone still plays only after the second digit is entered.

Please shed some light. Thanks again guys!

You can run the following to see which patterns have provide outside dial tone checked:

run sql select dnorpattern, routepartition.name as partition from numplan join routepartition on routepartition.pkid = numplan.fkroutepartition where outsidedialtone = "t"

and which ones don't

run sql select dnorpattern, routepartition.name as partition from numplan join routepartition on routepartition.pkid = numplan.fkroutepartition where outsidedialtone = "n"

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris! Thanks for the support. The output of the command is as follows:

Patterns providing outside dial tone are:

dnorpattern partition

=============== ================

9.4XXX PT_IPHONE

9.5XXX PT_IPHONE

9.787XXXXXXX PT_LOCAL

9.939XXXXXXX PT_LOCAL

9.1XXXXXXXXXX PT_EU

9.911 PT_EMERGENCY

9.011XXXXXXXXXX PT_INTERNATIONAL

9.18XXXXXXXXX PT_TOLL_FREE

The only pattern that is not providing outside dial tone that start with 9 is a Call Pick up group with Call Pick Up group number 9. Could this be causing the issue? How can you make a Call Pick up group number to provide outside dial tone if possible?

Thanks again!

hey Chris

Thanks for the run sql statements - these have finally helped me resolve a similar issue with my CUCM 11 cluster that was ultimately my own fault.  While I appreciate this is an older thread, it is likely that others will come accross it just as I did. Just one thing I've noted:-

run sql select dnorpattern, routepartition.name as partition from numplan join routepartition on routepartition.pkid = numplan.fkroutepartition where outsidedialtone = "n" returns "It is not possible to convert between the specified types" on my cluster. Change the "n" to "f" and it works just fine. So that second command should be:-

admin:run sql select dnorpattern, routepartition.name as partition from numplan join routepartition on routepartition.pkid = numplan.fkroutepartition where outsidedialtone = "f"

All the best

Rich

Thanks for the suggestion. I did rebooted the server but same result.

Yes, that is your issue, you need to change it to something other than starting with 9 as you cannot provide outside dial tone on pickup DN.

HTH, please rata all helpful posts!

Chris

Finally resolved. Thanks a lot Chris! And thanks for all the support of all of you guys in the forum!

Good to see issue got resolved.

But I dont know how sql can be run for CUCM.

Could you plese lat me know how you run the check suggested by Chris.

Where do we run the SQL commands ? on CLI ?

Sorry i never had to come across SQL part of CUCM

Thanks in advance

Correct, you login to CLI and use "run sql" command along with the query.  Cisco provides database scheme for each CUCM version, so you can easily construct basic SQL queries with some basic SQL knowledge.

You can also develop your own interface and execute it via AXL connection to CUCM if you want to get little fancier :-)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

HTH,

Chris

jakeriley
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post, but I ran into this today and thought I'd share what I found.  I ended up removing the partitions from the CSS one at a time, and placed test calls until the issue ceased.  Once I determined the partition causing the conflict, I checked the dependency records for it and found a hunt pilot with a leading 9, which had been recently changed.  Was able to track it down pretty quick this way and thought it may help others in the future.

<><