cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary TFTP

mhardyuop
Level 1
Level 1

We only had one TFTP server in the DHCP scopes. The scopes were deleted and recreated with 3 TFTP servers, for redundancy. I thought that I would just have to reboot the phones for it to see more than on TFTP server. I reset and also unplugged the ethernet cable, but I still only have one TFTP server listed. I had to manually go into my phone and change the alternate tftp to YES from No and now I see a second TFTP server. Please tell me that I don't manually have to do this on every phone. How can I get these other TFTP servers to be an option for the phones in case the first one is down when it is needed?

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I guess it depends on the DHCP lease. You have to wait until the DHCP release expired to get the new TFTP in option 150.

Michael

great, when the lease expires I now see the second tftp option. Does it matter if the phone settings still say no for alternate tftp address?

Is there anyway to have 3 tftp servers?

you can only have two TFTP server in the phone config.

Michael

Any idea why Alternate TFTP still says NO?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: