Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure phone reregisters on off-hook or dialout

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced this behavior?

I am setting up call security in a cluster. I have followed the docs and configured the whole deal with eTokens, CTL file, security profiles, etc.

So far, the 10+phones I am testing are encrypting the calls as expected.

But thereĀ“s an issue: Some of the security-enabled phones unregister and reregister whenever the user starts dialing a number to make call.

It goes like this:

+ The user picks up the handset, pushes the speaker button, or begins to dial a number (ie. "08...")

+ The phone unregisters and reregisters

+ The user dials the number again and gets to make his call.

All the phones that show this behaviour seem to be SIP phones (canĀ“t confirm on SCCP yet)

All are running 9.0(3) firmware (I upgraded one to 9.2.3, but shows the same result)

All phones have an LSC certificate.

If I change the security profile from Secure to Non Secure, the problem goes away for that particular phone

CCM version is 7.1(5)

Regards,

Ariel.

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not seen that before but since it's reproducible would you be able to collect detailed Cisco CallManager traces and Event Viewer Application Logs for when the phone registers and experiences the unregistration issue while trying to make a call?  From that I we can see what the unregistration reason is.

Joe,

Thanks. I have activated the traces and i am waiting until it happens again. In the meantime, I checked the logs and I can see the unregistration cause is "6", which means ConnectivyError.

HereĀ“s a complete message (IPs and names cleared for privacy)

Date: May 28 14:58:36

Machine Name: XXXXXX-CCM1

Severity: Error

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Message: ccm: 9180: May 28 17:58:36.481 UTC : %CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceUnregistered: Device unregistered. Device name.:SEP006440B5EBB3 Device IP address [Optional].:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Protocol.:SIP Device type. [Optional]:435 Device description [Optional].:XXXXXXXXX Reason Code [Optional].:6 IPAddressAttributes [Optional].:0 Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:XXXXXX-CCM1

El mensaje fue editado por: Ariel Roza - I have added the trace file with the phone unregistration event. Another thing I noticed is that the security-enabled phones always register to the publisher, never the subscriber (despite the sub being their first option in the callmanager group. Any help is appreciated