Views
Helpful
Replies

See complete number when call PSTN

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm connected with an E1 PRI with 4 digits (eg: 4564XXXX) and i'm able to do external calls. My problem is that when ax external phone receives the call, it sees on the display only the PRI number 4564 and not the complete number (PRI + internal DN).

I read the manual try to make it displayed changing these settings:

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls (on the device menù of PRI card) ----> Calling Party Presentation (enabled) and Calling Party Selection (originator)

but it doesn't work.

I'd like to know if these are the corrects settings or if i must change these in other menu also (eg: route pattern, ecc...)

Thank you,

Roberto

4 Replies 4

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roberto,

You can run 'debug isdn q931' when making a test outbound call and look for the SETUP message containing your calling and called party numbers. It would help if you can copy and paste that SETUP message here.

- Sriram

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the gateway with the PRI registered to CUCM as an MGCP or H.323 gateway?

-Felipe

i actually have a config for an E1 with the same numbering range working. NOTE  this is H323 but im using simple translation profiles to have this working.

voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 /6.../ /1758456&/
rule 2 /7.../ /1768457&/

voice translation-profile Outgoing_DID
translate calling 3

-------------------------------------------DIAL PEER SAMPLE------------------------------------

dial-peer voice 104 pots
description E1 Calls
translation-profile outgoing Outgoing_DID
destination-pattern 758....
progress_ind alert enable 8
progress_ind progress enable 8
progress_ind connect enable 8
port 0/2/0:15
forward-digits all

Hi,

thank to all for reply: i solved my problem in this way:

- Went under Route Pattern

- Selected 1 Route pattern to PSTN (it's better to do this on Route List instead single Route Pattern)

- Went to Calling Party Transformations menù

- Configured a Calling Party Transform Mask that extends my 4-digit DN to full DID number (eg: 064455XXXX)

Now, when i call an external PSTN mobile phone from my internal IP Phones i'm able to see the full number (eg: 0644552001)

Thank you,

Roberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: