Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Segregated Call Pickup Groups

Hello all,

I am trying to segregate 2 Call Pickup Groups.

Group 1 has 8 people in it. One of those people is the secretary of the Boss. The Boss is not one of these 8 People.

The secretary needs to be able to pick the Boss' calls without placing him in the same Pickup Group. The Group has visual and audio signals enabled and he does not wish to be disturbed by this. The visual and audio signals are required. I cannot make it visual only. His Line is on her phone and Pickup is enabled and vise-versa, however they cannot pick.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Steven

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES

Re: Segregated Call Pickup Groups

Hi Steven.
Which version of cucm are you running and what kind of ip phones the assistant and the boss own?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

System version: 8.5.1.11900-21

Assitant's Phone: 7962

Boss' Phone: 7962.

I have placed them both back into one Pickup Group and have changed the Phone CSS on the Boss' Phone. His phone should not ring, but the OPickup Button should react. I have a similar setup here in my office and it works just fine.

I will be resetting the phones tonight for a fresh start on Monday.

Regards,

Steven

Re: Segregated Call Pickup Groups

Hi Steven.
Have you considered Blf Pickup option?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

Regards

Carlo
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Carlo,

This is what is already configured, but it is not allowing the assistant to pickup. She gets a message like "this service is currently not available" I just checked - again, the parameter "auto call pickup" is set to true like you guide says. This is not the only phone group with pickup setup by htis customer. They have quite a few, so if there was a problem with a service, I would hear a lot more shouting than I do right now. That is why, I already scheduled a reset of the phones tonight after they both leave for the weekend.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven.

Here what you can do.

- Create a separate call pickup group EG. Boss with an available number.

- Associate this pickup to the Boss DN (so that he will not hear any audio or visual signal.

- Go to the pickup group where the assistan is associated and  in Current associated pickup group add the previously created pickup group (Boss)

In this case the assistant still receives audio and visual notices while boss not.

With pickup function on BLF button, Assistant will be able to pickup all calls arriving to the boss's phone

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

I have tried that, but the construction of this scenario is even ore difficult. The Assistant is part of CPG already. In this group are 7 other employees. Those 7 other employees should not see or hear that the boss has a phone call. SO, what I did was:

Group in a CPG 272

Assistant in a CPG 276

Boss in a CPG 275

CPG 275 has only 275 in it.

CPG 272 has 272 and 276 in it.

CPG 276 has all 3; 275, 272, 276 (in that order)

I also made sure the phones all have O Pickup in the softkey Template instead of the normal Pickup button.

The assistant could pick from her boss and the boss could pick from her, but the assistant could no longer pick from the group and they could not pick from the assistant.

In theory, this should work, but it did not. That is why I scheduled a reset job for tonight.

Thank you again for your help. I will let you know on Monday what happens.

Regards,

Steven

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content