Helpful
Replies

Selective Call Fowarding

MisterM84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently using Cisco Call Manager 9.1.1

We have a director who wants all calls to be forwarded to his secretary. However, if a call comes through that the secretary wants to transfer to the director her number is also being caught in in the forwarding rule.

Is there a way of enabling selective call forwarding, or altering the rules to allow the secretaries DN to bypass the forwarding rule in place for all other numbers?

Apologies for the plain-english, I'm not well versed in CM.

Thanks in advance,

-David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

+5 to my buddy Chris for his good tips!

I think Call Forward Override may be exactly what you need

Cisco   Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination   Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All   (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the   CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other  words,  when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target)  calls the  user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the  phone of the  initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the  target. The  override works whether the CFA target phone number is  internal or  external.

When   the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the   default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set   to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration   in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, but perhaps giving the secretary his number as shared extension would be better idea than call forward.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

+5 to my buddy Chris for his good tips!

I think Call Forward Override may be exactly what you need

Cisco   Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination   Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All   (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the   CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other  words,  when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target)  calls the  user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the  phone of the  initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the  target. The  override works whether the CFA target phone number is  internal or  external.

When   the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the   default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set   to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration   in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Right on Rob, I did forget about this parameter :-)

Chris

MisterM84
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both, I shall try this out.

CFA Destination Override fixed this problem. No more transfer loops. Yay!

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: