cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selsius Analog Gateway

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know which device type to choose when configuring Selsius Analog Gateway for CM?

-Shikamaru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Add a new gateway and then select AS-2,AS-4 etc depending on the type of gateway you have. Or simply browse to

https://<replace with CCMIP>/help/wwhelp/js/html/frames.htm?context=ccmcfg&topic=ccm_gwmain

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Add a new gateway and then select AS-2,AS-4 etc depending on the type of gateway you have. Or simply browse to

https://<replace with CCMIP>/help/wwhelp/js/html/frames.htm?context=ccmcfg&topic=ccm_gwmain

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Shankar,

I inherited the Selsius gateway from someone and there is surprisingly little documentation for it (from what I've found so far.) Is this device used in place of an FXO card?

-Shikamaru

I have very little experience with it as well.

Here is what i found from googling.

The Cisco access model AS-2, 4, or 8 allows customers to connect the enterprise packet telephony network to POTS devices. The physical circuit-switched interface is a female RJ-11 interface. The number of RJ-11 interfaces indicates the model number. For example, the AS-2 has two RJ-11 interfaces. The circuit-switched... More

The Cisco access model AS-2, 4, or 8 allows customers to connect the enterprise packet telephony network to POTS devices. The physical circuit-switched interface is a female RJ-11 interface. The number of RJ-11 interfaces indicates the model number. For example, the AS-2 has two RJ-11 interfaces. The circuit-switched signaling interface is POTS foreign exchange station (FXS). The AS-X gateway supports as many as eight simultaneous channels of VoIP packets to circuit-switched adaption using G.711 compression (A-law or mu-law). The AT-8 supports line cancellation on up to eight channels and up to eight simultaneous channels of G.723 compression encoding and decoding. Fax capabilities include G.711 pass through.??The gateway does not yet support the T.38 specification and therefore, supports neither Fax store and forward nor Fax modulation/demodulation using G.723.1. These gateway models do not currently support connections to analog modems.

Hope that helps.

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks, Shankar.

-Shikamaru

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

It's a 8 port Analog Station (used for analog phones), at the time you had the AS-8 for analog and a PCI Card the DT-24 and DT-24+ that went into Selsius CallManager 2.8 for T1 to PSTN. I don't recall a analog fxo model in the Selsius days, could just be my memory.

I would think the parts are about 6 generations of chipsets old.

I would hold on to the AS-8, it could belong in a museum one day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: