cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Call to Voicemail Only After-Hours

CSCO12060329
Level 1
Level 1

I need to figure out a way to send a call to voicemail only after-hours on a certain extension (during normal hours the phone should just ring continuously), and not directly to voicemail after-hours but after a RNA interval. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how would I implement this? Thank you for taking the time to consider this!

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have Unity Connection, you can use things like a holiday schedule or a time of day schedule. This is particularly usefull for main numbers/receptionist phones.

I posted on this on my blog:http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cisco-unity-connection-call-handlers.html

which will give you an example

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi.

Alternatively you can use time of the day routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_C5565591_00_cucm-system-guide-91_chapter_01111.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Dennis,

I found your blog post very informative, although I have one question. On step 4 you wrote "you can use a CTI Routepoint that has the extension of your call handler and point it to your CTI ports that are used for your voice mail system"; I do not understand the part about pointing it to your CTI ports. I get the part about creating a CTI RP with an extension of the number used on the call handler and selecting forward all to voicemail, but this should point the call directly to the call handler. I don't understand why a direct routing rule is needed. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!

I am forwarding a call from the forward no answer field of a DN to a CTI Route Point that sends the call to a call handler in Unity Connection, but when the call gets to Unity Connection it plays the "Hello Cisco Unity Messaging System.." message instead of sending it to my call handler.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have tried creating a direct routing rule following your blog's instructions Dennis, but I still cannot get this to work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.
On Unity Connection "System Settings"-->"Advanced" --> "Conversation" check "Use Last (Rather than first) redirecting number for routing incoming calls

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I ended up creating a Forwarded Routing Rule where Forwarding Station In XXXX, where XXXX is the DN that was originally called. I configured the setting to attempt transfer to the desired call handler.

The reply to this post helped me figure this out:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2082856

Thank you everyone for the input!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: