cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending #0 at EndCall

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

We have an intercom at the gates here. In the old situation we had a phone connected to it, via the old Philips PBX. That phone needed 50V or so I am told, and that is why it doesn't work anymore.

So we let the phone at the gate call to a directory number, and made that number a line at the reception phone. Problem is that the old phone sent #0 at the end of the call, to let the intercom at the gates know that the conversation is done. Since our 7961G IP Phones don't send this command, the line stays busy until the timeout has expired.

The workaround for this is to let the receptionist type #0 at the end of the conversation, before laying down the hook. Ofcourse this isn't the nicest way to solve this, so I was wondering if it is possible to let the phone automatically send #0 to the intercom when the call is over?

2 Replies 2

May be you want to create a translation.

So if gate calls 1234 have a new number translation 3456 configure it to forward to 1234 #0 and let your phone at gates call 3456 and that will be translated.

I have not tried this please let me know how it goes.

Baseer.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't think you can do that.

The real solution would be to configure the intercom to recognize a disconnect signal when the called extension hangs up.

If you have FXS port on the routers, this can be a power-denial, or battery reversal. Check what your intercom supports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: