cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending emails in CAR

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to setup the ability to send reports and alerts in CAR. However, after putting in a valid email id and password and the server ip address, when I try to send a report it still gives me the follwoing error:

10011 System Error. Contact System Administrator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please rate if this helps.
9 Replies 9

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is everything else in CAR working fine ?

If yes then send me screen shot of the CAR email config page

Here is the screen shot

the most common issue I've seen is either port 25 is blocked btw the CM and Mailserver or the information mentioned is nto accepted by the Mail server.

1. Can u try to telnet to port 25 "telnet 25" and see if u get a welcome, helo (based on how the server is configured to respond). Also, try entering the domain name with a .com/net (FQDN) of the server

From the CallManager I telnet to the mail server and I get

"220 mail.DCIPA.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830 ready at

Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:35:09 -0800"

I have already tried dcipa.com in the domain name. I still get the same problem.

correction: As per http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f526a.html#wp1092290 the Mail ID should be the complete email address. Also, if this does not work, what is the CAR and CCM version ??

I have seen this page and I have tried the full email as well to no avail.

CAR version 4.1(0.6)

CCM version 4.1(2)SR1

Do you have an account (like a Backup Exec account) that has full access to the mail store? That's how I have mine setup and it works find. And I'm not using a full email address either. I filled out my fields just like yours.

Did you check your SMTP properties in Exchange? Like Outbound Security under the Delivery tab and Authentication under the Access tab? You may also want to try adding the CCM server to the relay option under the Access tab.

mconcannon
Level 1
Level 1

Just worked through this on my system. I think the trick is to not put a full email address in the MailID field under System/System Parameters/Mail Parameters. Try just entering what you want to appear to the left of the @ sign. Once I did that mail worked just fine.

I just got this to work by changing the IP address of the Exchange server to the full DNS name of the server. I was having the exact same problem and is working now. Weird.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: