cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending text to IP phones using the EXTENSION app.

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is required on the Callmanager side to integrate with the EXTENSION app?

How is text delivered to the Callmanager using the EXTENSION app? 

Is it possible to send a text to mulitple 7925 phones at once?  Like a distribution group?

Callmanager 9.1

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're talking about a 3rd party app, they should have provided you with all the necessary info for the integration and you would need to ask them about the capabilibities, and how their product works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah, it's a 3rd party app.  A vendor is installing it along with our call manager, however they were not able to answer our questions.  One party is managing the project and they have hired another vendor for the installation and the vendor that is handling the installation, was not in the meeting. 

I'm trying to educate myself, so I know what questions to ask. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What is required on the Callmanager side to integrate with the EXTENSION app?

Generally speaking, third-party apps require an Application User account with either superuser CTI Manager access (i.e. all control of all devices) or the phones directly associated to the account. Alternatively, some applications - namely paging apps - want to replace the Authentication URL string to point at their server instead of CUCM so they can blindly authorize XML SDK requests from the phones.

How is text delivered to the Callmanager using the EXTENSION app? 

The application will send an XML SDK call to the phone's IP address (which it may need to find out from another API on CUCM). The phone will ask the Auth URL to validate the request, and then execute the action. In many cases this is an HTTP URL that returns an XML-formatted document. This gets displayed as text.

Is it possible to send a text to mulitple 7925 phones at once?  Like a distribution group?

That's up to the app that issues the XML SDK calls. It would need to issue a command to each phone it wants to broadcast the message to. There is no broadcast mechanism inherently because the API is within the phone itself, not in CUCM.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: