Views
Helpful
Replies

SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file not loading

timgaunt82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got an error with a SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file, on the phone's status it says it can't validate the file and I was wondering if there was anyway of finding out which node it was complaining about?

Tim

2 Replies 2

Have you tried to download the phone configuration file manually to see if the file is actually present?

from win: tftp -i x.x.x.x get SEP.cnf

If you can download the file, I would suggest you examine by hand, it's XML and fairly human readable, ensure that nothing looks obviously corrupt.

Other ideas:

* did you load the onto the system via BAT? I have seen imported phones with essentially corrupted resulting TFTP files in certain cases.

* have you enabled security within your cluster? doesn't sound like it (you should get an "auth" error instead)

* is auto-registration enabled on the cluster?

If all else fails, you might try deleting and readding the phone manually via the web admin interface.

Hi,

I hand edited it in the first place and have gone through it with a fine tooth comb, not sure which setting is wrong. Is there any documentation available for string lengths/values of each node? i.e. I found having the phone's label longer than 11chars meant it failed to load.

Tim