cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seperate Publisher and Subscriber across a WAN - Which to move?

mreed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a my main office with all of my servers including Callmanager 6.1 and Unity. I am adding a DR site to move one of my Callmanager servers to for disaster recovery. I have a dedicated MPLS circuit for this site for replication.

My initial thought was to move the Publisher, because everything registers to the Subscriber first and I have more bandwidth at my main office. If the main office goes down the phones and gateways will then use the Publisher at the DR site.

Does this seem like a good way to go? Or am I missing something that would cause me to need to leave the Publisher at the main office where Unity is?

2 Replies 2

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

I am assuming you have only one main site where users are located

since you have unity in place, I would suggest to keep unity in close proximity with call manager so you can keep pub and unity in one location and move sub to other location

You can go with unity design guide available on cco.

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

My initial thought was to move the Publisher, because everything registers to the Subscriber first and I have more bandwidth at my main office. If the main office goes down the phones and gateways will then use the Publisher at the DR site.

Go ahead and move the pub. In addition to normal realtime traffic staying on the subscriber (including Unity), in a real DR situation you'll probably need to be able to make changes that you can't make if your publisher is missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: