cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a Phone for Lobby

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 7911 phone in the lobby of our office and we only want it to work for internal calls. Has anyone done this or is there any easy to accomplish this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey Nicholas,

Have a read through this good doc, it should give you a pretty good step by step for what you need. You will need to setup an Internal CSS that only has access to your extensions;

Understanding and Using Partitions and Calling Search Spaces with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

You will need to add the partiton you created for the lobby phone to the other phones Calling Search Space. Place it near the bottom.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

Assign it a Calling Search Space that only has access to internal partition. If one does not exits, create a Calling Search Space that only has access to partitions not assigned to external route patterns.

The answer really depends on how you have your dial plan configured.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nicholas,

This is most possible, we have many phones in areas that only alow Internal calling. Have a look into setting up a Local Partition in conjunction with a Local Calling Search Space - CSS that only has access to your local extensions. Once this has been setup apply this new CSS to the Lobby Phone and it will only be able to call other Internal numbers.

Partitions and Calling Search Spaces

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmsys/a03ptcss.htm#wp10870

You may also want to disable the Settings access on this Lobby Phone;

Give this a try, disable the Settings Access parameter on the Phone configuration page. Complete these steps:

From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose Device > Phone, and click on the phone for which you want to prevent access to the Settings Button.

Choose Disabled for the Settings Access parameter under the Product Specific Configuration section.

When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When you disable Settings Access, the Settings button is completely disabled and no options appear when you press the button. The option Restricted is also available in Cisco CallManager version 4.1(3) and later. When you change Settings Access to Restricted, you can only access User Preferences and volume settings. By default, Settings Access is enabled.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

forgive my ignorance, I am a little new to this. How do I setup a partition and/or calling space for internal only on CallManager 5.0.4? I have a partiton call local and a calling space called the same but from the phone on my desk I cannot call the phone in the lobby. Am I missing something?

Hi Nicholas,

No worries! Lets start by having a look at the Lobby phone and seeing what the CSS and Partition settings are on it. Try matching these settings up with your desk phone so we can get calling between these two phones happening.

Then we'll go from there.

Rob

Ok I have the 2 phones talking on my current settings.

Hi Nicholas,

Good stuff! Now lets think about this. I think you said that your phone is assigned the Local - CSS is that correct? If not, what CSS is your desk phone in?

If it is Local- CSS and you have access to the PSTN then we know that we are going to need a different CSS for the Lobby Phone. From CCMAdmin maybe we can Find/List all available CSS and see whats there.

Let us know,

Rob

They are in the css that will connect to the PSTN.

Hi Nicholas,

OK, so we now know that the CSS that is labelled Local actually has access to the PSTN.

So we need a new CSS perhaps called Internal. Did you do a Find and List Calling Search Spaces from CCM Administration Gui to see if there were any other applicable CSS's?

Rob

I never configured any for just internal calling. The only other ones I have setup are for Unoty Voicemail ports.

Hey Nicholas,

Have a read through this good doc, it should give you a pretty good step by step for what you need. You will need to setup an Internal CSS that only has access to your extensions;

Understanding and Using Partitions and Calling Search Spaces with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

So do I have to route between the 2 partitions then?

Ok so from my lobby I can call into phones on the internal side, but from my desk I cannot call the lobby. Is this usual?

You will need to add the partiton you created for the lobby phone to the other phones Calling Search Space. Place it near the bottom.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: