cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up another account on 5.1 to admin phones

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone know of docs that help with setting up a user to help admin the system?

I do not want the user to have full rights only what they need.

I have set up roles, assigned to group then went and assigned the end user to the group and it does not work. I am missing something just not sure what.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can setup an end user and put him in a group and add roles for him. You can create a custom group/role from the User menu and then assign the group to the end user.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

This is now working but before the post came through. I had copied the CCM Admin User and CCM Phone Administration and created the specific roles and added the user to the group. This did not fix anything. I was on the phone with Cisco and they had me add Standard CCM Admin User and it works now. I asked the guy on the phone about the other groups I created and he said to delete them, but how does the account know what to do when nothing was added to the standard admin user group/role?

I just need to play with it a little more. I thought I had it right the first time, but needed the standard added too I guess.

Thanks,

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: