Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Setting up another account on 5.1 to admin phones

Anyone know of docs that help with setting up a user to help admin the system?

I do not want the user to have full rights only what they need.

I have set up roles, assigned to group then went and assigned the end user to the group and it does not work. I am missing something just not sure what.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Setting up another account on 5.1 to admin phones

You can setup an end user and put him in a group and add roles for him. You can create a custom group/role from the User menu and then assign the group to the end user.

Silver

Re: Setting up another account on 5.1 to admin phones

This is now working but before the post came through. I had copied the CCM Admin User and CCM Phone Administration and created the specific roles and added the user to the group. This did not fix anything. I was on the phone with Cisco and they had me add Standard CCM Admin User and it works now. I asked the guy on the phone about the other groups I created and he said to delete them, but how does the account know what to do when nothing was added to the standard admin user group/role?

I just need to play with it a little more. I thought I had it right the first time, but needed the standard added too I guess.

Thanks,

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies