Views
Helpful
Replies

Settings for "isDBMaster"?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I recently came across the URL "http://<host-ipaddress>/uccx/isDBMaster" that is a xml file that has 2 "fields".

One is the version, and the other is a "isMaster" field that is either true or false... Basically it just lets you know if that server is the Master Server or not.

Apparently there is a way to set the IP Addresses of the devices that can view this URL in a browser.

Could anyone tell me how to change/add the IP Addresses associated with this?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt

If I recall correctly you have to put the address in the 'wallboard system/server name' config in AppAdmin... under Real Time Snapshot Writing...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Bingo!

Did it work?

I couldn't recall if there was a format for multiple servers (e.g. comma separated etc)...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt

If I recall correctly you have to put the address in the 'wallboard system/server name' config in AppAdmin... under Real Time Snapshot Writing...

Aaron

Hey Aaron, thanks for the reply.

How do I get to the "wallboard  system/server name config"...?

I'm running version 8.0.3

EDIT: Sorry I found it, you can ignore that question... Thanks Again!!

Thanks,

Matt

Bingo!

Did it work?

I couldn't recall if there was a format for multiple servers (e.g. comma separated etc)...

Hey Aaron, Yea! You were correct... That was the spot.

Hummm comma seperated list there... I didn't think of that. I'll snoop around and see if that is possible.

Don't see why that shouldn't be possible. Good Idea!

Thanks Again,

Matt

Outstanding! I was able to find the answer pretty quick... While in that page on UCCX ("Real Time Snapshot Config") I Clicked > Help > For This Page:

Here's what it said for anyone looking for this answer:

Server Name  - IP addresses of the Servers running the Wallboard software pointing to  the HDS Database Server, which contains the Wallboard Real-Time  Snapshot data. If you have multiple Wallboard servers, you can list their  IP addresses in this field separated by commas.

Thanks for that! Wouldn't have thought to do that unless you had replied back with that..

Thanks Again,

Matt

Hey Aaron,

Do you know if any "Service" or anything would need restarting if I added a second IP Address..? Or possibly of any requirments that are needed for the device of that second IP Address? For example, does need need to have any particular Software on it, or something like that?

Because I added the second IP Address and when I try to access "http:///uccx/isDBMaster" I get the error below:

The only thing I really need it for is when I have to use that "isDBMaster" page.

Hmmm

I don't think anything needs restarting, it's more likely to be a bug. If you can change it from one single IP to another and the current IP works each time... and it fails when you put both in...

Then it might be TAC case time :-)

Swapping the IP's in the list... Good Idea..!

I'll have to give that a try after-hours and see if that works.

Thanks Again,

Matt

Hey Aaron,

Thought I would just mention this just in case anyone else has tried this.

The only reason it wasn't working for me at the other IP Address was that my list had a space " " between the 1st IP and the 2nd.

Here's what it should look like:

"192.168.1.1,192.168.0.1"     ---> NO Space just a comma

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

Useful info.. glad you have it working :-)

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: