Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Hotline Analog Phone with SCCP

Anyone out there can help me out how to setup a hotline in CUCM 8.6?

I've followed this procedure below, but I'm still getting an error message when I lift the handset such as "your dial cannot be completed...".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Just in a nutshell, here is what I've done:

Extension: 1111 PLAR Analog SCCP Phone with: CSS_Hotdial and PT_Allowed (line settings)

TP: blank, PT_Hotdial and CSS_Hotdial, and called PTM: 2222

Extension: 2222 CSS_Allowed, and PT_Allowed - no changes on this extension...

Added the PT_Allowed into CSS_Hotdial. The order is: PT_Hotdial/PT_Allowed

Both lines are on the same VG204-vg20x-ipvoice-mz.124-22.T5.bin. When I selected hotline feature it says is supported Analog Phone SCCP, but I did not see the VG. It looks like is not supported hotline on VGs. Can someone confirm that?

Am I missing something? Do I need to enable something under Service/Enterprise parameters?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Which extension are you attempting to enage the PLAR from and to which extension?

assume DN 1000 need to PLAR to 2000, you would need to ensure that the CSS on DN 1000 (DN and device CSS) have only access to PLAR partition in its CSS, then you build a TP with DN being blank in the PLAR partition, assign CSS to that TP that has access to DN 2000, and that is it.

Chris

4 REPLIES

The TP needs a CSS with access to the 2222 DN, the CSS_Hotdial should only have access to the PT_Hotdial which is good for the phone, but should not be used on the TP.

Chris

Chris, thanks for your prompt help.

I thought the TP needs a CSS with access to the 1111 DN, not to the 2222. Because when someone lifts the handset on phone 1111 this phone should invoke the TP which translate and ring to the 2222 phone. Thus, I put this CSS_Hotdial on phone 1111 under line.

And my TP looks like this: PT_Hotdial and CSS_Hotdial, and called party transformation mask 2222

The CSS_Hotdial has only access to one PT_Hotdial.

Also the two phones 1111 and 2222 are on the same partition PT_Allowed, but they are on different CSS.

Anyway I also tried what you said but did not work. Are you sure this hotline works on VG204? I think it is not working because this feature is not supported on VG204 nor in any VG model.

If you are sure it should work. Could you please elaborate more this solution with PT/CSS/TP?

Once again thanks

Which extension are you attempting to enage the PLAR from and to which extension?

assume DN 1000 need to PLAR to 2000, you would need to ensure that the CSS on DN 1000 (DN and device CSS) have only access to PLAR partition in its CSS, then you build a TP with DN being blank in the PLAR partition, assign CSS to that TP that has access to DN 2000, and that is it.

Chris

Chris, the problem was in my DNA. I though I could use the DNA in order to validate the hotline, but it worked just when I asked someone locally to perform the test. Anyway, it worked exactly like you described. Thanks so much!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content