cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setup of analog roll over

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am trying to setup a 4 line analog system with rollover from the local telco. The idea of course is that all outside calls are placed to 5551212 and the system will connect them to line1, line2 and so on if lines are busy. The following is what I am trying but it doesn't seem to work. When Line1 is busy the subsequent calles are not answered instead of going to line2. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diego

!

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 5551212

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/1

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/2

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/3

caller-id enable

!

!

dial-peer voice 50 pots

destination-pattern A0

port 0/0/0

no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 51 pots

destination-pattern A1

port 0/0/1

no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 52 pots

destination-pattern A2

port 0/0/2

no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 53 pots

destination-pattern A3

port 0/0/3

no sip-register

!

!

ephone-dn 11

number 5551212

label Line 1

call-forward busy 200

call-forward noan 200 timeout 10

no huntstop

trunk A0

!

!

ephone-dn 12

number 5551212

label Line 2

preference 1

call-forward busy 200

no huntstop

trunk A1

!

!

ephone-dn 13

number 5551212

label Line 3

preference 2

call-forward busy 200

no huntstop

trunk A2

!

!

ephone-dn 14

number 5551212

label Line 4

preference 3

call-forward busy 200

trunk A3

!

7 Replies 7

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

have you verified that telco is rolling the lines for you? I would busyout your first voice port and see if the second port takes the call.

I believe it is since I see the call coming on the console when the first port is busy. However the Line2 DN (nor any other DNs) does not ring and the caller gets constant ring tone.

Diego

Not sure why the single channel lines are not hunting, but the following config should work -

ephone-dn 11 dual-line <--- use dual lines

number 5551212

label Line 1

no call-forward busy 200 <--- it won't hunt if busy calls go to voicemail !

call-forward noan 200 timeout 30 <---increase CFNA timer

no huntstop

huntstop channel <--- stops hunting on second channel of DN

trunk A0

hold-alert 45 originator <--- for calls placed on hold

!

!

ephone-dn 12 dual-line

number 5551212

label Line 2

preference 1

call-forward noan 200 timeout 30

no huntstop

hunstop channel

trunk A1

hold-alert 45 originator

!

!

ephone-dn 13 dual-line

number 5551212

label Line 3

preference 2

no huntstop

huntstop channel

trunk A2

hold-alert 45 originator

!

!

ephone-dn 14 dual-line

number 5551212

label Line 4

preference 3

trunk A3

no huntstop

!

These configs will allow you to take a call on one channel of the dn, put it on hold or transfer, and if a second call comes in it will ring through to the next DN.

Your suggestions look very good, thank you. One thing though, I can't use both dual-line and trunk command on one DN. I use the trunk command to establish a one-to-one relationship between a DN/button and a trunk line. Is there a way to keep this relationship without using the trunk command?

Maybe just using the "no call-forward busy" would be enough since I believe we can still place calls on hold, transfer and park without the dual-line, no?

Come to think of it, shouldn't the telco get the busy from the CME on that line and then ring the second trunk/port line?

Thanks,

Diego

The dual-line and trunk command work from IOS version 12.4.4XC/12.4.9T . Refer here for more details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_t1ht.html#wp1015411

You should be able to request the phone company set up your lines as a 'rotary group', which means they will give you a single number as the main pilot number, and this will hunt through all lines if the individual lines are busy. You can also call each individual number to go direct to the voice port it is connected to. The pilot number is advertised as your "Listed Directory Number" , or LDN so callers only need to know a single number to call your organisation.

I am currently running 12.4.9T3 and the trunk cannot will not work with a dual-line ephone. But again, you have a good idea. I will try to bump the version up to see what happens.

Thanks,

Diego

Looks like the ability to use trunk and dual-line is not version dependent but platform dependent. I downloaded the latest spservices IOS for the 2800 and still could not use both commands. However by chance I tried it on a UC500 and the commands could be used simultaneously. Go figure...

Anyway, my rollover is working now thanks to your example.

Thanks,

Diego