cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line behavior

chuckr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a director asking for something I'm not sure is possible.  We are running CCM v6.0 on Cisco 7961's.  I have 2 users with their own DN's as well as a shared line between them.  When a call goes to that line, it rings on both phones.  The director wants to change it where phone 1 rings for a few seconds, then if nobody picks up, phone 2 rings for a few seconds.  If it is not picked up still, it goes to voicemail of that shared number,  Is this possible in a shared line configuration or at all in any other sort of config?  I'm still kinda green at this.

Thanks for any assistance

Chuck

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chuck,

This is possible, but it won't actually be a "Shared" line anymore

Let's say the shared line is DN 5555 on the 2 - 7961's, you could take 5555

off phone 2 and replace it with a second "new" DN maybe 3333. On phone 1 set the

set the Forward No Answer for 5555 to go to 3333 and on 3333 set  the Forward No Answer

to go to VM. So now calls will ring for "x" seconds @ 5555 before routing to 3333.

The VM system (in most cases) looks at the originally dialed number 5555 when it

routes to the mailbox greeting so the VM for 5555 would be engaged.

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

You can also create a seperate partition and calling search space just for that number and configure it as seen below:

Shared line extension in this example is 1000

Paritions: Local_PRT and Local2_PRT

CSS: Local_CSS and Local2_CSS

Phone 1:

Line 1 (extension) 1000 Local_Partition

Foward (No Answer, Busy etc) Extension 1000 Local2_CSS

Phone 2:

Line 1 (extension) 1000 Local2_PRT

Foward (No Answer, Busy etc) to the VM Pilot Number (Voicemail CSS or Local_PRT)

This way to the users it appears as if they both have extension 1000. Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Yosh,

Good point my friend +5

That is an excellent alternative as well!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

chuckr
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both of you.  Especially for the link.  I will try the partition as I'm sure the director and those answering the phones will like seeing the same number still on the phone.  I appreciate the quick responses. 

Go ahead and take the rest of the day off!!

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: