cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Lines in CCM 4.0

j98me2
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 extensions setup as shared lines on 2 phones. For awhile both phones rang with all call. Now one of the phones (the one the lines were originally on) rings with all calls. The other phone doesn't get most of the calls.

Both phones have a fourth line that is unique to that phone.

I am baffled by this, especially since it worked at first. Any help would be appreciated, or another way to make those three lines ring simultaneously on both phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeremy,

Have you looked at the Directory Number settings **Ring Setting (Phone Idle)and Ring Setting (Phone Active) for the 3 lines in question on the non-working phone :)

It sounds like they may have been changed inadvertantly.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeremy,

Have you looked at the Directory Number settings **Ring Setting (Phone Idle)and Ring Setting (Phone Active) for the 3 lines in question on the non-working phone :)

It sounds like they may have been changed inadvertantly.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Both settings are configured for system default on both phones. If I change one, should I change both so they match?

I tried setting both to ring, but it did not seem to make a difference. The second phone still doesn't ring.

Do you see the light flashing tough? Does it ring on other shared lines. Can you check the volume on the phone?

HTH

After I changed it I rebooted the phone and now it works. I even set it back to system default and it still works.

I had tried reseting the phone previously. I guess something was just stuck on stupid and the change/reboot moved things along.