Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Phone Voicemail Profile

CUCM/Unity Connection 7.1.3

I have a large number of phones that are shared with roaming Unity users (School teachers, no direct association between phone extension and VM extension). The primary extensions on the phones do not have a Unity mailbox. When the "MESSAGES" button is pressed I want to have unity play the login prompt, not the OG or anything else. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure a direct call routing rule to go to login

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java ... can you tell me what the VM Profile would be so that when we press the Messages key on these phones it goes to the login?

Would I just set a mask of some unique DN and use that in the UCX rule?

Thanks,

Brian

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brian,

In your original post you indicated that the "Primary" line

on these phones does not have any VM account associated,

if this is the case just use the same Profile as a phone that does

have VM. When a call comes into the Pilot from a phone that does not have

VM you should be at the Sign-In greeting. Press * (Star) then Extension, then PIN.

You should be good to go!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. In this case we're talking teachers here ... so the client's IT manager wants to dumb it down a little   ;-) 

They want to have the login prompt immediately when the MESSAGES button is pressed.

All main office staff or those that have their own phone will follow the usual config. The phones in classrooms will be shared by many teachers coming and going so they want the convenience of a single button press.

I'm thinking a VM Profile with a mask of say "8999" and a rule in UCX to route to LOGIN, but I'm not quite sure if this will work.

Any further thoughts are always appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes, this works like a charm I just tested this out. Make sure you set the Direct Call

Routing Rule to the "Sign-In" conversation. (and don't forget to re-order the RR's)

Cheers!

Rob

Excellent - thanks Rob. I'll set it up when I'm back at the client site tomorrow and post an update.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Rob,

Old post ... finally got around to reconfiguring this and it's not working.

To review:

CUCMBE (CM 7.1.3.10000-11, Unity 7.1.3.10000-68)

My Config:

UCM Voicemail Profile "VoicemailLoginPromptOnly", Pilot: 8000, Mailbox Mask: 8999

UCM Test Phone, DN: 5500, Voice Mail Profile: "VoicemailLoginPromptOnly"

UCX Call Management>Call Routing>Direct Routing Rules, Rule: "Shared Phone Sign-In", Send Call to Conversation>Sign-In, Routing Rule Condition: Dialed Number Equals "8999".

Desired Effect: I press "Messages" from any phone using the VoicemailLoginPromptOnly VM Profile and I get Unity Connection's Sign-In. Right now I get the OG.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

The conditions are wrong.

You do not dial 8999, you dial the VM pilot whenever you press messages.

CUC will see the call coming from 8999 to 8000.

Just reconfigure accordingly.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

Yes, that's understood. The VM pilot gets dialed .... 8000. I think you're missing my point. I still need "standard users" to hear a normal login prompt "Please enter your password" when they press the messages button. This is when the extension matches the mailbox ID. Please see the original post for this message up top.

The users in question are those that have shared phones (the Mailbox id DOES NOT match the extension) and must hear the full Sign-In Prompt (beginning with "please enter your ID"), whereas they would normally hear the Opening Greeting.

If I set a rule to change calls to the VM pilot 8000 then all users will behave the same ... not my goal.

Hopefully this makes sense. I had concerns that a dialing rule wouldn't cut it ... at least from a point where we're looking at the dialed number, as you stated we're dialing 8000 (the VM pilot) not 8999 "the mailbox mask". The purpose of the mailbox mask was to provide a unique ID to Unity so that I can *somehow* identify the call as needing a "please enter your ID" prompt.

I think I solved it. You need to create a separate VM Pilot "8999" and Hunt Pilot "8999" for the Direct Routing Rule to work in Unity. Otherwise, no dice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: