Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Router PVDM's with NM

I have a 3825 router with a PVDM2-64. I have 2 4FXO vics and 2 4FXS vics on the router vwic slots. I have an additional NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 on slot 1. I added a 4FXO vic to the empty vic slot. I entered the command "network-clock-participate slot 1". I am not seeing the 4 fxo voice ports that are on the NM. Can the router share pvdm's with the NM or do I need to add additional pvdm's on the NM's pvdm slots?

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Sharing Router PVDM's with NM

Hi Rafael,

This is called DSP sharing.

Please move DSP to motherboard slot and add 'network-clock-participate slot 1' to config.

DSP sharing is only available for T1/E1 digital ports, not for analog or BRI, so

yes the FXO card will only get the DSP from the chassis, although the T1/E1 digital ports will be able to use DSP on the motherboard or NM.

This is the distribution for the DSP sharing for T1/E1:

-T1/E1s in onboard HWIC slots:

-First: Local DSPs (i.e. located on the onboard PVDMs)

-Second: Remote DSPs Searches NM-HDV2s starting with Slot 0 in the chassis, then increments the slot #.

-T1/E1s in an NM-HDV2 or NM-HD-2VE:

-First: Local DSPs (i.e. located on its own NM)

-Second: Remote onboard DSPs Searches onboard DSPs

-Third: Remote NM-based DSPs Searches NM-HDV2s starting with Slot 0 in the chassis, then increments the slot # (skipping its own NM as that is considered local)

In order to be able to share the DSP between the T1/E1 digital ports and the analog port the recommendation is to set all the PVDM cards the chassis to the same setting, all sharing off or all sharing on

HTH

*G

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content