cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should external call be considered internal after transfer?

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Suppose the follow scenario:

An outside caller calls a DID which rings to a main desk. The receptionist answers that call, then forwards it to the correct person by pressing transfer, dialing the extension, then transfer again. The person the call was forward to was not at their desk, so it rings the set number of times then is sent to voice mail.

This phone has seperate entries for forward internal no answer and forward external no answer. In the above situation, we want the phone to follow the external caller path since it is indeed an outside call. What we are seeing though, is that it is actually following the internal forward path.

This feature worked fine in the past, and the caller was sent to the external forward setting. It has since stopped working (possibly after an upgrade to 5.x). A few tickets with TAC have been opened up and they say it is working like it should since the call was forwarded from an internal phone, so it will use the internal forward setting.

I don't think TAC is correct in this case. Can you guys share what you have seen in other installations.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue is not with the TAC. They replied to you that the current product works as designed and if there has been a change from a former version, they are not responsible for it.

You may want to locate the the CM product manager possibly with the assistance of your cisco AM and ask if they can provide a workaround or a configuration switch for this behavoir.

Before i get that far into it, I want to make sure this is what other people are experiencing as well. There are a few other buggy things on this installation which leads me to believe this may not be the case for everyone.

It may not be the way CM5.1.2 is supposed to behave, just our install of it.

This cluster is going to be upgraded to 7 in the near future, which may fix the problem.

Indeed, beside CM5 has never been a very major release and has certainly no engineering attention beside critical maintenance.

croftd
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a similar problem in 7.0, but only when the call goes through Unity Connection first. ie, in the scenario you describe: external call to DID number, to receptionist, to extension, I think our system follows external settings. However, when the pattern is external call, unity greeting, followed by anything else, the call is subsequently treated as internal.

Did you ever get a resolution or workaround in your situation?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: