Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show incoming callers name from personal directory

Hello,

I am trying to make the IP-Phone 7942 (and CUCM 7.1.3) show for the incoming calls from outside of the company not the number but the name (contacts that are in the personal directory or even AD-Users that have only mobile phones).

Is this posible ?

Thanks a lot !

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's not possible without a 3rd party solution.

Paolo has a script for that if you're interested.

There are plenty of threads with the same question on CSC, please search for answers before posting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, but I really searched before posting, nothing found ....

Could you post the link from Paolo, I would be interested too.

Thanks,

Norbert

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey guys,

Here's a plug for my friend Paolo (he deserves it )

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/en/tcl--ivr-scripts

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Is it possible now.. without third party software?? with latest CUCM 12.X series??

Hi there

Unfortunately the new CUCM 12.X doesn't offer this. Your only option is to go with any 3rd party or some customized scripting.

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

chakhorn
Level 1
Level 1

I saw this message was posted in 2012.

Now end of 2018 and this problem still exist. Shame of CISCO. This is the basic features of basic telephone. They provide personal address book for what? 

I like your post! It is 2019 and the problem still remains... 

The pressure from customer site and from other pbx are there. But cisco unfortunatlly doesn't provide a solution for this basic function. There are just partial solutions for that (like Jabber with Outlook with MAPI). 

You can not always solve problems with 3rd party software, thats my point of view as a integrator.

It would be nice to have an LDAP / AD / Exchange connector for contact resolution.  

Best Regards

Thiago

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: