Views
Helpful
Replies

silent monitoring

jardalic1
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have a customer that wants to eavesdrop calls between their employees and customer for training purpose (for a week). They would have 2 coaches and 5-6 phones (trainees) which should be monitored.

Is there any possible way to do it, without IPCC CDA and CDS applications?

They have call manager 6.1.2 and there is silent monitor feature (and monitoring CSS on line) but I'm not sure how exactly it works? does it need some third party software or what?

I would appreciate any help, or other ideas how to solve this issue.

BR,

Jelena

2 Replies 2

Hi, the monitoring CSS is not for the purpose of silent monitoring, it's like watching the line for any status change like off-hooking or DND from another phone.

You can't do it only with CUCM itself without involving UCCX, UCCE or any third party applications like Verint, Nice etc.

HTH.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There is no recording/monitoring feature in CCM; the options you have seen are used in conjunction with a third party recording package.

If the phones are in close proximity to each other, the simplest option may be to use some headset splitters and run one of each split off to a desk; you could have your coaches sat there, and the agents would not know which agent the coaches were listening to at that time.

Any software solution would I think be expensive, especially for a short-term thing if this is only going to be required for a single week.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!