Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Question

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM4.1 and Unity

I have a group of 4 People who wants to be reached through a number (Pilot Point?) as follow:

1- Customer dial a numer

2- CAll ring the first available Agent in the Group, if none is avail go to Voicemail

3- If an agent received a call and didnt answer it (ie 3 rings) go to next Agent.

I tried this with Attendant Console/Pilot Point/ Hunt Groups and it worked except the Call Forward no answer part. The only solution i have in mind is to go to each DN and change the CFNA to voicemail, but it gottas some better solution for this?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jay,

I think that you would be better served using a Hunt Pilot/Line Group setup in this scenario due to your requirements. Have a look at the following which describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

So you would need to use a Hunt Group with the "Circular Hunting" Algorithm and leverage this RNA setting;

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Hope this helps!

Rob