Views
Helpful
Replies

Single device dials without dialing 9

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to think through how these would be done:

In order to get a device on an FXS port to dial offnet without dialing 9, and since all partitions would have route patterns which have a 9 (do not want to disturb those), would the way to do it be to:

(The FXS port is on an MGCP gateway)

1. Create new Local, LD, Toll Free route patterns without a 9

2. Create a new partition for the new route patterns.

3. Create a new CSS for the endpoint device.

4. Add new partition to new CSS

5. Assign new CSS to end device on FXS port

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could use route patterns or translation patterns to do this. The steps you outline would actually be done 2, 1, 3, 4, 5; you have to create the partition before the route patterns. Just be careful what other patterns are in the CSS of that FXS port. It will be easy to run into a T302 inter-digit timeout problem if you leave the patterns starting with 9 in the CSS.

Thanks Jonathan,

I am new to voice and was mainly seeing if I understood the process, and how it goes together. These were real issues for another company and I was curious if I understood the problem.

Another question, hopefully not too long and vague:

A company has CUCM and branches using MGCP. There is a SIP trunk at the main site and all main site and branch calls are going through SIP gateway.

All on net calls have four digit extension. When outside callers call the local seven digit DID, it gets translated to four digits internally.

The branch wants to dial their own local seven digit number from inside the branch.

I get stuck on the call flow direction and what happens with the translation patterns and route patterns depending on the direction.

I am thinking the local number would either fall into the partition that holds the local route pattern, so if nothing is changed, the dialed number will match then go out to the carrier, and then try to come back in.

Or

Since there is a translation pattern, when the branch calls the seven digit DID, it gets translated to the four digit extension and ring the branch AA ( if the branch is in a CSS that will allow the call)

My understanding is the call would do the best match, which means the second one is what would happen.

Also, is there a rule of thumb on when you would use the translation pattern or route patter?