cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number reach (mobility) question

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the expect behavior when SNR is enabled and configured for a user? I have it working on my test account. Someone dials the DID of the IP phone, it rings both phones, I can answer my cell phone and see the IP phone connected to remote destination.

but if the remote destination does not answer, it goes to the remote destinations voicemail. Is that expected?

Also, it seems to be delayed when I call the deskphone. It takes about 5 rings for it to finally ring my cell phone. Normal or is there an adjustment?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

H.323 is not required for SNR. It should work with either H.323 or MGCP.

Please rate if helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

You need to adjust the timers for the remote destination. If you reduce the remote destination ring timer, the call will be pulled back to CUCM before the remote's voicemail picks up.

As for the dely to ring the cell phone, there is another timer that governs this (remote destination delay ring timer, I believe). I find that I have to play with these timers to get everything working how I want it.

Please rate if helpful

Do you know if h323 is required for single number reach or just other features? It seems to work with MGCP and my CUCM 7.x setup right now.

H.323 is not required for SNR. It should work with either H.323 or MGCP.

Please rate if helpful

Looks like it works. I changed the remote Destination Delay Before ringing timer to 1 and the Answer to late Timer to 25000.

On the line, I have Ring no Answer set to 19.

Odd numbers, but it seems to pull the call back after 3 rings on the cell phone.

*81 puts the call on Hold

*83 resumes the call

But I cant get *84 transfer to work. Which might not be a big deal. Could be a bug not sure.

what do you tell end users? I can have the call ring 4 times on the cell phone, but if they hit ignore on the cell phone, it goes to the cell phone voicemail correct? If the cell phone does not answer after 4 rings, it should go back to the unity system correct?

thanks for your help!

If they hit ignore on their cell phone, it will go to their cell phone's voicemail. If they just let it ring, CUCM will pull it back and send it to Unity.

Please rate if helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: