cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Voice gateway for two CUCM 4.2 & 6.0

pradeepkum
Level 1
Level 1

I have a voice gateway 2811 registered with Callmanager 4.2 as a H323 gateway. I added CM 6.0 in the network and I registered the same Gateway router 2811 thru MGCP parallely. I was able to do outgoing and incoming.

My problem is when I registered the same Voice gateway wit CM 6.0 thru H323 the call is not hitting my router.

Is it possible to register a single Voice gateway 2811 to register with 2 CM 4.2 & 6.0 thru H323 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

I would hazzard a guess and say no, this is not a supported configuration. My recommendation would be to 'register' the gateway with one of the clusters and then have an intercluster trunk between the clusters to pass calls from one system to the other.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gthaliwal
Level 1
Level 1

I would hazzard a guess and say no, this is not a supported configuration. My recommendation would be to 'register' the gateway with one of the clusters and then have an intercluster trunk between the clusters to pass calls from one system to the other.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you already have the GW as MGCP in CUCM 6 why add it again as H323??

it certainly is possible to have a router to handle two servers (version does not matter) just make sure to have the right dial-peers to route to each one.

a router can handle MGCP and H323 but if you're going to use h323 then delete the MGCP and configure dial-peers according to DNs on each cluster

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your responses. Now I have created ICT between two CM 4.2 & 6.0. By this I hope can do the migration with minimal downtime.

How to check in voice gateway whether it is registered with CUCM thru H323. Are there any show commands ? For MGCP we use SHOW CCM-MANAGER.

HI,

With H.323 , go to ccm and search for the gateway. In regisration it will show as unkown but in the ip address field, you should see the ip address of the gateway. If you dont see the ip address, then hte gateway is not registered. If you do then it is.

Please rate all useful posts

That is fine. But how to check in router with show commands?

With H.323 there is no way to do that as you have with mgcp.

But what is the problem exactly. If you can see the ip address of the h.323 gateway then its registered...

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: