cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Bind control command getting error "There are active sip calls The bind command change will not take effect".

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have an Telephony setup with CME 2921 router with 15.X software version.

I need to configure the SIP Bind command under the voice service voip.

bind control source-interface FastEthernet 0/0

But when I am configuring I getting the error.

"There are active sip calls
The bind command change will not take effect".

There is no sip active calls when I configure the command.

I tried the below

voice service voip 

shut 

sip
call service stop

But there is no luck.

Thanks in advance

Nithin Louis.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Nithin,

There might be some hanging calls on the router which would be cleared only by reboot.

Please enter 'show call active voice brief' to check them. If there are any calls hanging and if the gateway is not in production, you can reboot the gateway to clear those calls. After the reboot, check the calls once again with 'show call active voice brief'. if no calls, then you would be able to bind the IP address.

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

Hi 

As Suresh correctly suggested (+5 S) there might be active sip calls including SIP registration processes or refresh through sip-ua .

show sip-ua calls should show you active calls.

If present I can suggest you to copy all sip-ua config and then issue a no sip-ua command in configuration mode , change the bind command under voice service voip --> sip and than paste again sip-ua config.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Nithin,

There might be some hanging calls on the router which would be cleared only by reboot.

Please enter 'show call active voice brief' to check them. If there are any calls hanging and if the gateway is not in production, you can reboot the gateway to clear those calls. After the reboot, check the calls once again with 'show call active voice brief'. if no calls, then you would be able to bind the IP address.

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi 

As Suresh correctly suggested (+5 S) there might be active sip calls including SIP registration processes or refresh through sip-ua .

show sip-ua calls should show you active calls.

If present I can suggest you to copy all sip-ua config and then issue a no sip-ua command in configuration mode , change the bind command under voice service voip --> sip and than paste again sip-ua config.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the response.Yes there was some sip call legs hanging and after reload all sip call legs cleared and I was able to configure the SIP Bind command.

Regards

Nithin Louis.