Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Call dropped in 15mins

I have a gateway where foll config exist. This gateway has a sip trunk to callmanager where mtp is checked

when i make calls using this sip trunk, calls drop after 15 mins..could this be sip reinvte issue.If yes, how do i fix this issue

any tip appreciated

dial-peer voice 25311 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 800.......

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.25.8.11

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 25310 voip

preference 2

destination-pattern 8.........

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.25.8.10

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's almost definitely related to session expiry or refresh. A common value is 1800 (30 minutes) and the refresh happens at half of that.

Likely there is a signaling error or a failure to negotiate the refresh value.

You may also want to change some of the refresh values in CUCM - maybe you can just refresh faster than the other side and avoid the issue altogether.

There were a number of re-invite based bugs in the earlier 20T/22T/24T versions, but as far as I know most of them are fixed in 20.T4

-nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You know, I have the same issue since two years and didn't yet made and effort to fix it.

I just kind of live with that.

If you're using SIP with CUCM, you're probably best on a 12.4(20)T or later IOS. The SIP stack was pretty well updated in this release, and you'll see a lot of features like mid-call reinvites working better. If you're doing SIP-SIP make sure you have:

voice service voip

sip

midcall-signalling passthru

hth,

nick

Tried adding this, still drops. I should take a trace and didn't yet.

It's almost definitely related to session expiry or refresh. A common value is 1800 (30 minutes) and the refresh happens at half of that.

Likely there is a signaling error or a failure to negotiate the refresh value.

You may also want to change some of the refresh values in CUCM - maybe you can just refresh faster than the other side and avoid the issue altogether.

There were a number of re-invite based bugs in the earlier 20T/22T/24T versions, but as far as I know most of them are fixed in 20.T4

-nick

Changed the "SIP session-expires" timer to 86400 seconds on the CM service parameters.

and that fixed the issue