Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Client registering with local IP

Hi,

We have prepared a IOS SIP router for CME. The router has only one interface, directly connected to public network. The sip clients register to the CME but with local IP Address on the client and not the real public address. We have tried several settings on the CME and on the SIP client but the behaviour is very wierd. one out of 10 times, sip client registers with public ip, other times just with actual ip on the sip client.

Any advise on the special configuration required on the IOS router to resolve this issue?

Attached is the configuration related to the SIP Configuration.

Regards

saif           

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure what you mean...From your config..

voice register global

mode cme

source-address 85.235.25.52 port 5060

The client should register with this IP...

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Sorry for not making it pretty clear !!!!

What I mean to say is the SIP Client source address as seen by the router is local ip address (Actual IP address of the client like 192 168 x.x). So some times it does not register at all because router replies to the invite message but it never reaches the client because it being sent to the local IP Address.

At times it registers but the RTP never flows because of this NAT issue.

Saif

The client will register with its own ip address. This is expected. You need to ensure that you can route traffic to that subnet

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

The SIP Client is behind the NAT. Like normal IP Packets do, it should go out and register with the NATed IP. If it registers with its actual IP, nobody can route it back through internet.

Saif

Right..Now I get you. I am not sure how that will work though..What it means is that the the IP address of the client needs to be NATed before it attempts to register