Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Date header value

Hello,

Where does the value set in the Date header of a SIP message come from?

For some reason the time is always 2 hours behind.

These are my time settings:

clock timezone GMT 1 0

clock summer-time GMT recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

ntp server 192.168.1.89

Show clock does show the correct time.

15:34:18.006 GMT Thu Aug 23 2012

Anyone have an idea how to set the Date header to the correct time?

Kind regards,

Grant

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a cisco Gateway? My sip message date/timing is consistent with the time on the gateway..The timestamp should reflect the time of the gateway.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

The Date header is going to be set by whatever originated the SIP traffic.  This will likely not change on a hop-by-hop basis.

Yes, this is a Cisco Gateway. We're using two 3925. When the calls are originated by us, the timestamp is still 2 hours behind which I find weird. When receiving requests from our SIP provider there is no Date header present in the initial INVITE. When we send the 100 Trying back, that's when a Date header is added.

I believe it is a timezone issue. I've changed the timezone to

clock timezone CET 1 0

clock summer-time CET recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

But the Date header still shows GMT. Performed a reload, but without any change to the Date header timezone value

What's originating the call?  An IP Phone?  Does it go through CUCM or is this CME?  Is the IP phone SIP or SCCP?

For incoming SIP, the originator is our SIP provider.

For outgoing SIP, the originator is a TCL script which calls a certain destination.

It may be an issue with how the TCL script is pulling the date value.  I don't know anything about TCL though, so I won't be able to help you with that.

Alright. No problem. Thanks for the help anyways.

I'll ask on the developers forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: