Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP issues

Rohit Mangotra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have changed from ISDN to SIP and we are using CUCM 8.6. We are also running contact centre with uccx. After the switch over the contact centre are reporting many issues. some of the issues are :

--> Call comes and no one is there.

--> Call dropped out whilst on hold.

--> Unable to transfer. Caller dropped out.

--> Phone rang tried to answer, but it had engaged signal.

--> Phone rand engaged signal no sound.

We are also running maximum session of 20 in transcoding on CUBE router.

dspfarm profile 1 transcode 

description --- Transcoding Resources ---

codec g729r8

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

maximum sessions 20

associate application SCCP

However when I checked the router for number of active RTP connection it was going till 27 and 28. Would increasing the maximum sessions to 40 will resolve some of the issues above?

I am not sure why these issues are coming and what should be done to resolve it. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all for best stability and results you should not use transconding, but G711 only.

Other than that you need to take traces to find the cause.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the reply. If I change the maximum session value from 20 to 30 do you think it will improve the issue? The telco vendor kept it to transcoding rather then to G711.

Thank You,

Kind Regards

Rohit Mangotra.

Likely you have the option for G.711, you need to look at traces.

Hi Paolo,

Is there any maximum value I can put for maximum session under transcoding? I am thinking to increase it to 35? Reason because these errors are not for 1 person however it is for whole customer service and according to the details I mentioned above it looks that there are not enough resources available. What are your thoughts?

Regards

Rohti.